Wake County School Information
Public, Magnet, and Charter Schools
For more information, you can visit the link here to download the Wake County Public School System Brochure.
As of 2016, there are 19 charter school options available in Wake County. A Charter School is an alternative form of education that is tuition-free. You can visit the North Carolina office of Charter Schools website for more information.
Magnet Schools are an additional option for education in Wake County. Magnet Schools provide innovative approaches to learning and goals include to reduce high concentrations of poverty, promote diverse populations, maximize use of school facilities, and provide expanded educational opportunities. As of 2016 there are 48 schools in the Wake County system that meet these requirements. There is an online application process if your child is not already assigned to one of these schools. You can read more about the application process here.
As of 2016, Wake County is home to 79 private schools with an enrollment of over 15,000 students. To learn more about the private schools in Wake County, visit the North Carolina Department of Administration’s Division of Non-Public Education Website for more details. You can also find information on homeschooling on this website.
- Cary Chinese School
- Japanese Language School of Raleigh
- Raleigh Academy of Chinese Language
- Spanish for Fun
Colleges and Universities
Image from Wake County Economic Development
For a general overview of colleges and universities in the area, the Wake County Economic Development website is a great resource.
- Campbell Law School
- Care One Health Training Institute
- ECPI College of Technology
- Harris Barber College
- Living Arts College
- Meredith College
- Miller-Motte Technical Colleges
- North Carolina State University
- Shaw University
- Shepherds Theological Seminary
- Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Southeastern Free Will Baptist College
- St. Augustine’s College
- Strayer University
- The Chef’s Academy
- The College at Southeastern
- Triangle Real Estate School
- Wake Technical Community College
- William-Peace University (Formerly Peace College)